As part of the Diploma Programme (DP), students take at least one subject from studies in language and literature. Taking two studies in language and literature subjects in different languages is one way of obtaining a bilingual diploma.
The courses offer a broad range of texts, and students grow to appreciate a language’s complexity, wealth and subtleties in a variety of contexts. Students take their studies in a language in which they are academically competent.
At Goetheschule Essen, we offer:
- Language A: literature, which is automatically available in 55 languages and, by special request, for any other that has sufficient written literature.
Through each course, students are able to develop:
- a personal appreciation of language and literature
- critical-thinking skills in their interaction with a range of texts from different periods, styles, text-types and literacy forms
- an understanding of the formal, stylistic and aesthetic qualities of texts
- strong powers of expression, both written and oral
- an appreciation of cultural differences in perspective
- an understanding of how language challenges and sustains ways of thinking.
Astrid Seibt. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org